Agri-food research network
SILA is an inter-disciplinary and multidisciplinary research infrastructure, based on an efficient integrated system of research laboratories and infrastructures for the provision of scientific and technologic services aimed at the monitoring, control and protection of the environment.
SILA is made up of 17 laboratories that contribute to the provision of scientific and technological services and carry out research activities on:
- analysis and mitigation of hydrogeological risk;
- analysis and mitigation of seismic risk;
- chemistry, technology and processes for the characterization, treatment and enhancement of pollutants, waste waters and waste;
- biodiversity, ecosystems and human health in relation to the environment and natural and man-made risks;
- marine environment: protection and enhancement of resources;
- services for monitoring, modeling and advanced sensors to support the management of environmental issues.