The research activity conducted since 2002 embraces the following topics:
- Hydrothermal synthesis of doped minerals with a special attention to silicates (e.g., asbestos minerals, talc, forsterite, enstatite), borates and microporous titanosilicates.
- Flux growth at high temperature of doped and pure silicates and oxides with the aim to test their physical-chemical and technological properties.
- Asbestos and other fibrous natural and synthetic minerals characterization.
- Chemical modelling both natural and thermal waters, soil geochemistry and geochemical mapping.
- Natural and synthetic minerals characterization in the fields of cultural heritage.