Duration: 2 years
Start date: October 1, 2021.
Total number of hours (number of ECTS credits): 120 ECTS credits
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Computer Science Engineering. Knowledge of the English language (B2).
The Master’s degree course in Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science extends the training of the Bachelor degree in Computer Science to a higher-level professional figures, who can cover high-level roles in new-technology companies, or public bodies, and who can continue their educational path by accessing research doctorates or specialization schools.
At a national level, the Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science of the University of Calabria is characterized by a sound background culture basically rooted in Artificial Intelligence (a sector of international excellence for the University of Calabria); this degree course pays particular attention to innovative technologies for data analysis (Data Science) and to technologies related to the security of information systems (Security). It includes in-depth studies of the methodological aspects for agile project management and managerial simulation, as well as external activities, such as training internships in companies, public administration institutions, and laboratories. Specifically, the Master’s degree course in Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science includes two curricula organized as follows:
- Data Science (DS): the course is designed to train experts in computer techniques of artificial intelligence and data analysis. In addition to acquiring the most advanced techniques of artificial intelligence, students will acquire advanced knowledge of techniques and tools for data analysis (Data Analytics); in particular, the curriculum responds to the growing demand for experts in the sector to support decision making processes, due to the spread of intelligent software systems that manage large amounts of data (Big Data).
- Computer Security (SEC): the course is designed to train experts in computer techniques of artificial intelligence and security of computer systems. The curriculum responds to the growing demand for a professional figure capable of mastering both data analysis (Data Analytics) and processes, as well as designing and managing all aspects related to the security of infrastructures and software.
Graduates from the Master’s degree course in Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science will be able to carry out the planning, design, development, construction management, estimation, testing, and management of complex plants and systems for the generation, transmission, and intelligent processing of information, even when these involve the use of advanced, innovative or experimental methodologies. Graduates in Artificial Intelligence and Computer science are experts in computer techniques of data analysis and security of computer systems.
– Artificial Intelligence
– Data Analytics
– Computer Security
Employability and careers
– Software analysts and designers
– System Analysts
– Computer networks and communications specialists
– Cyber Security Specialists
– Artificial Intelligence Specialists
– Data analytics specialist
Artificial Intelligence. Data Science. Computer Security. Data Analytics. Deep Learning. Knowledge. Representation.
40 slots available (12 scholarships) How to apply for the A.Y 2021-22