Procedure to obtain a residence permit (within 8 days of arrival)
Fill in the Residence Permit Kit
For the release of the Residence Permit, it is required to fill in the Application form "MODULO 1" (see the facsimile) in the Residence Permit Kit (see the facsimile) available at the Post Office in the Campus (Piazza Vermicelli, after the cubes of the Departments of Engineering). The staff of the Welcome Office will help you fill the Residence Permit Kit. As soon as possible, go to the Welcome Office, be sure you bring with you:
- Residence Permit Kit
- a stamp “marca da bollo” of 16.00 Euros
- a copy of your passport in all its parts
- a copy of your Room Contract
- a copy of the Unical acceptance letter or of another grant you may have.
- a copy of your health insurance (in the case of the first application for a Residence Permit, only if your Visa lasts less than one year).
Hand over the Residence Permit Kit
Later you have to bring the Residence Permit Kit duly filled in, with the “Bollettino Postale”, personally to the Post Office in the Campus, in order to be given an appointment with the Immigration Services (Sportello Immigrazione) at the Questura in Cosenza, Via Domenico Frugiuele, 8 - 87100 Cosenza”.
The operator of the Postal Office will give you:
- the Receipt - to be retained - replaces the Residence permit until it is issued by the Police. Upon the receipt two personal identification codes (user ID and password) are printed and allow you to know the status of your application. Remember not to lose this receipt.
- the same date as the reservation date you have to go to the Immigration Services (Sportello Immigrazione) at the Questura in Cosenza, Via Domenico Frugiuele, 8 - 87100 Cosenza.
- 16.00 Euros for the stamp “marca da bollo”
- 30.00 Euros for the Residence Permit Kit
- 30.46 Euros for the electronic card