Stampa                  Invia                 
Frequently Asked Questions  


Is the filling of the application sufficient for enrollment?
International students not proceeding from European Union, must follow the pre-registration and registration procedures required by law - see more information.

What is meant by "pre-registration at the Italian diplomatic representation in your Country"? International students wishing to study in Italy must complete the Pre-registration process at the Italian diplomatic representation (Embassy, Consulate, or Cultural Institutes) in their country.

In which language are the lectures?
The lectures are in Italian, but for International students an intensive course of Italian language and culture (80 hours) is offered free of charge. In most courses tutor support during lessons and exams in English when possible. Furthermore thesis can be submitted in English.

If I have a qualification obtained abroad, what is the compulsory documentation to enroll at the University?
Students having obtained their qualification abroad MUST submit it, within 15 days after enrolment, to the International Relations Office, Welcome Office Service, located in Via Savinio – Residential Centre Area - with its official translation into Italian, authenticated by the Italian diplomatic mission in charge of their territory or endorsed with Apostille. Moreover, they have to present the Declaration of Value, issued by the Italian diplomatic mission in charge of their territory, OR as an alternative, the certification issued by ENIC-NARIC centres (www.enic-naric.net) in Italian or in English, such as the Statement of Comparability of foreign qualifications issued by CIMEA.

Scholarships offered by the Residential Center:
All international students enrolled at Unical may participate in the selection of scholarships offered by its Residential center. The scholarships provide free room and board, tuition free, and a small stipend for personal expenses. The selections take place, primarily, on the basis of economic need. The scholarships last one academic year and can be renewed. The competition for the allocation of scholarships and services in compliance with the provisions of “Bando di concorso unico per l’assegnazione dei benefici e dei servizi del diritto allo studio a.a. 2019/2020”, will be available on the website www.unical.it/cr . 

What are the costs for a foreign student who wants to enroll at Unical?

  1. Lodging: 140/170 euros per month
  2. Board: 1,70 euros per meal
  3. University tuition: between 16,50 euros and 700 euros per year based on income situation of your family
  4. Stay permit (if foreign from outside EU – see more info): around 100 euros per year
  5. Health insurance: between 120 and 150 euros per year
  6. Travel expenses

What documents do students need to upload in the application form on www.unicaladmission.it?
UPLOAD CV with passport size photo, Passport first page, High School Diploma, Bachelor degree if available and any other document useful for the evaluation.
MANDATORY FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS: Upload in English language, University's Transcript of Records and University's Syllabus of all courses with commitment in hours and any specification of the total credits required for graduation (included those yet to be taken).

I am having trouble filling out the application form on unicaladmission.it

  1. Fill in all the required fields
  2. You have to upload all your documents in a single PDF file (max upload 2 PDF files)


For further information feel free to contact the Welcome Office
at welcomeoffice@unical.it or visit our website