Published Sept. 1, 2021, 3:58 p.m.
Health and Medical Insurance
How to get health and medical insurance
As all of you know, health and medical insurance is extremely important to help you be prepared for any emergencies in the future.
The Italian Health and Medical Insurance (SSN Assistenza Sanitaria Nazionale) is a special service that offers medical care, through subscription, and it is available also for foreigners citizens, with regular residence permit.
Once you enroll, you receive an SSN card that will help you with any health issue you may encounter for the entire solary year (January - December). The yeraly cost of the Health and Medical Insurance (SSN card) is 149.77 Euros.
Starting the month of January, you may purchase health and medical insurance through a public service provided by the Italian government.
The benefits of the SSN Card
- GP: choose your personal doctor “Avere un medico di famiglia o un pediatra”
- Free Hospital admission “Ricovero ospedaliero gratuito”
- Drugs “Medicine e farmaci”
- Ambulatory medical visits “Visite mediche in ambulatorio”
- Visit to specialists “Visite specialistiche”
- Home visits “Visite a domicilio”
- Immunization “Vaccinazioni”
- Check-up - blood test “Esami del sangue”
- X-rays “Radiografie”
- Ultrasound scans “Ecografie”
- Rehabilitative care and prosthesis “Assistenza riabilitativa e per protesi”
- Other services provided “Altre prestazioni previste”
How to enroll in the “SSN -Assistenza Sanitaria Nazionale” is the following:
1. Go to the Post office(in the Campus it is located in Piazza Vermicelli, after the cubes of the Departments of Engineering) and ask for a Postal form for Health and Medical Insurance “Bollettino Postale per l'Assistenza Sanitaria Nazionale”.
Fill out the form with the following information:
Conto Corrente # (CC): 16353872
Intestato a: ASP Cosenza
Causale: Assistenza Sanitaria
Cost: 149.77 euro
(See example of complete Postal Form)
2. With the receipt of payment, go to the ASP of Rende located near the cinema Garden (see the map), they will help you get your SSN card.
You must bring with you:
- A copy of your Residence Permit or the Receipt of the Post Office
- A copy of your “Codice Fiscale” (Fiscal Code)
- A copy of your Passport (only the page with all personal information and the Visa page).
- A copy of your Room Contract with the “Centro Residenziale” or a copy of your Enrollment Certificate.