Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science
Environmental and Territorial Safety Engineering
Robotics and Automation Engineering
Finance and Insurance
- Admittance to the MSc Degree in Chemistry requires knowledge in maths, physics and chemistry appropriate for those with first-level University degrees; at least B1-Level English competence.
- Preference will be given to students with Bachelor Degrees in Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry or comparable degrees (evaluated by the Department Council on a single case basis).
- Students holding other Bachelor Degrees/Three-year Diplomas who attained at least 60 ECTS coursework in the following areas are also encouraged to apply: Analytical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Biochemistry, Clinical Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemical Physics, Physics of Fundamental Interaction, Applied Physics, Mathematics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Food Chemistry.
The MSc Degree in Chemistry aims to train chemists who can use chemistry to ingeniously optimize and conserve, the wealth of resources at the heart of the Mediterranean as well as render them sustainable.
The MSc Degree course offers two curricula:
- The Chemistry of Environment, Health and Local Resources: theoretical and practical applications of advanced methods of chemical analysis; processes of transport and diffusion of substances; modern methodologies and techniques in applied analytical chemistry (e.g. for quality control of foods, soils, industrial waste, etc.).
- Chemistry of Sustainable Materials: environmentally friendly organic synthesis methods; metal catalysis; smart materials; spectroscopic and diffractometric analysis of materials; synthesis of functional materials.
Learning objectives and outcomes
- Mastery of advanced-level knowledge and laboratory skills in chemistry;
- Creative application of advanced knowledge and skills to solve problems in environmental chemistry, chemistry of materials and chemical issues in the life sciences;
- Design and operation of environmentally sustainable processes;
- Understanding of molecular structures and interactions to monitor and shape macroscopic properties;
- Effective communication of chemistry knowledge and processes, both in oral and written form;
- Identification of chemical solutions to local issues such as the optimization of local agro-food resources and reuse of waste materials of local industries.
- Analytical Methods for Environment, Health and Agro-food Products
- Environmental Physical Chemistry
- Molecular and Nanostructured Materials
- Chemistry of Organic Materials
- Analytical Chemistry of Materials
- Materials and Devices for Renewable Energy
- Structure and Intermolecular Interactions
- Catalysis and Sustainable Chemistry
Employability and careers
- Clinical laboratories in public or private health structures
- Research & Development and/ or Production & Control of new materials in chemistry-specific sectors such as pharmaceutics, cosmetics, construction, textile laboratories, etc.
- Research & Development in other companies/corporations;
Green Chemistry. Clean Energy. Renewed and Renewable Materials. Local Resources. Sustainable Development. Smart Materials