It is suggested that you arrive at the Campus between the 2rd and 13th of September, 2013
As part of your admission process, you need to take an Italian test after your arrival, to determine your knowledge of the language.
Italian Course and Academic Calendar
The Italian language intensive course should begin on September 16. It will be free of charge.
Certificate of general health
Students staying at the Centro Residenziale (Residential Center) of the University of Calabria must present a Certificate of general health that states the absence of infectious or contagious diseases, which may interfere with life in community. The certificate can be in Italian or in English.
Bring with you
- Certificate of general health
- List of your exams taken translated in Italian language and authenticated by the Italian Diplomatic Representation
- Declaration of Value released from Italian Diplomatic Representation
- Acceptance Letter stamped by the Italian Diplomatic Representation
A free Pickup Service is available:
- from Castiglione Cosentino Train Station
- from Cosenza Bus Station
- from University Bus Station
with destination UniCal Residential Centre.
If you intend to use this service, please inform us as soon as possible, indicating:
- arrival date and time
- number of flight (if you arrive by plane to Lamezia Airport).
If you come by train: the nearest station is Castiglione Cosentino Train Station (4 Km from University), for timetable and tickets information visit: www.trenitalia.com;
If you come by plane: the nearest Airport is Lamezia Terme (SUF) Airport (73 Km from University), for timetable and tickets information visit: www.sacal.it/?lang=english.
To reach the University from the Airport one can take the Romano Bus or the "Navetta al Volo" shuttle.
The ROMANO Bus arrives at Cosenza Bus Station (9 Km from University), Fare is 8 euros per person, (see the timetable). The “Navetta al Volo” Shuttle, see the website, provides a door-to-door service. It can take you directly to the Residential Center or to the University Bus Station, Fare is 30 euros, a discounted fare of 10 euros applies to passengers younger than 25 years. It requires advanced booking, which can be taken care of by us. Booking must be made one day in advance, and cannot be made on weekends.
The day after arrival
The first working day after your arrival (from Monday to Friday) you have to:
- go to the Accommodation Office (located at the Residential Center, on the ground floor of the canteen for employees/professors) for the registration and the signature of the room contract.
- go to the Welcome Office (located on the ground floor of Administration building, South side entrance), for help for Stay Permit, internet access, health insurance, enrollment etc..
For further information feel free to contact the Welcome Office
to email@example.com or visit: welcomeoffice.unical.it