In Italy there is a special service that offers a medical care, through subscription to the Health and Medical Insurance (SSN Assistenza Sanitaria Nazionale).
This service is available also also for foreigners citizens, with regular stay permit.
As all of you know, health and medical insurance are extremely important to help you be prepared for any emergencies in the future.
Starting the month of January, you may acquire health and medical insurance through a public service extended by the Italian government.
Once you enroll, this service will help you with any health issue you may encounter until the end of December of the current year.
The cost of Health and Medical Insurance (SSN card) for the entire solar year (January-December) is Euros 149,77.
With the SSN card of the “Health and Medical insurance” you can receive the following benefits:
- GP choose the personal doctor “Avere un medico di famiglia o un pediatra”
- Hospital stay or day- hospital “Ricovero ospedaliero gratuito”
- Medicine “Medicine e farmaci”
- Ambulatory medical visits “Visite mediche in ambulatorio”
- Visit to specialists “Visite specialistiche”
- Home visits “Visite a domicilio”
- Immunization “Vaccinazioni”
- Ckec-up - blood test “Esami del sangue”
- Ex-ray “Radiografie”
- Echography “Ecografie”
- Rehabilitative/hearing care “Assistenza riabilitativa e per protesi”
- Other services provided “Altre prestazioni previste”
For the Unical Community and the International Students the above services are available at the "Centro Sanitario Unical", Cube 34/B.
The process to enroll to the “SSN - Assistenza Sanitaria Nazionale” is the following:
1. Go to the Post office (in the Campus it is located in "Piazza Vermicelli", after the cubes of the Faculty of Engineering) and ask for a Postal form for health and Medical insurance “Bollettino Postale per l'Assistenza Sanitaria Nazionale”.
Fill out the form, with the following information:
Conto Corrente # (CC): 16353872
Intestato a: ASP Cosenza
Causale: Assistenza Sanitaria
Cost: 149.77 euro
(See example of compiled Postal Form)
2. With the receipt of payment, go to the ASP of Rende located near the cinema Garden (see the map), they will help you for how to get your SSN card.
You must bring with you:
- A copy of your Stay Permit or the Receipt of the Post Office
- A copy of your “Codice Fiscale” (Fiscal Code)
- A copy of your Passport (only the page with all personal information and the Visa page).
- A copy of your Room Contract with the “Centro Residenziale” or a copy of your Enrollment Certificate.